THE CONTEST IS SPONSORED BY SUN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA (THE “CONTEST SPONSOR”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. CONTEST IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SEE ELIGIBILITY SECTION BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS. TO COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES. ALL DOLLAR AMOUNTS ARE IN CANADIAN FUNDS ($CDN) UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 AM (PST) on December 19th, 2011 and ends at 12:00 PM (PST) on Wednesday, January 4, 2012 (the "Contest Closing Date").
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to residents of British Columbia that reside within a 50 mile radius of Vancouver city limits (the “Territory”), excluding employees and family members of employees of the Contest Sponsor, Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership (“VCLP”) and Vancouver Arena Limited Partnership (“VALP”, which together with VCLP, does business as Canucks Sports & Entertainment (“CSE”)), and each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, submit one (1) photo that best shows your Canucks Holidays to www.canucks.com/skatewiththecanucks before 12:00 PM on the Contest Closing Date. One entry per person.
4. WINNER SELECTION. Twenty (25) potential Contest winners will be selected from all eligible entries in a random draw that will be conducted at the offices of CSE after 12:00 PM on the Contest Closing Date. Selected entrants will be contacted by e-mail at the e-mail address provided during the Contest entry process. At such time the selected entrants will be required to confirm his or her eligibility and make certain other representations to CSE and the Contest Sponsor by signing and returning to CSE a Declaration, Release and Waiver form (the “Declaration”) and to answer, unaided, a time- limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by CSE. If any selected entrant does not meet all of the Contest conditions, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, refuses to sign and return the Declaration, or if a reply is not made within one (1) week of the initial documented contact attempt by CSE, that entry will be disqualified, and CSE shall be entitled to randomly select a new entry from among all remaining eligible entries. CSE is not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any potential winners. Once declared a winner, the selected entrants will be directed as to how to participate in the prize.
5. PRIZES. Each winner may bring up to three guests to Rogers Arena on January 14, 2012 for the opportunity to be part of the Contest Sponsor’s “Skate With the Canucks Event”, which will feature at least one current Vancouver Canucks player and at least one Vancouver Canucks alumnus. The winner and each of his or her guests must sign a release of liability in order to participate in the prize.
Prize has no cash equivalent. Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Substitution of a prize of substantially equal value may be made at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor together with CSE. If for any reason, the winner is unable to accept the prize as awarded, the winner forfeits his or her right to the prize without compensation.
6. GENERAL RULES. Entrants agree to the use of their names, addresses (city/town only) and any photograph that has been submitted to CSE in connection with the Contest for promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, for publication, and for marketing purposes by the Contest Sponsor or CSE, without further compensation or notification. All entries become the sole property of CSE.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein, including (without limitation) transportation to Rogers Arena and supply or skates or other equipment shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, VCLP and VALP, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers and employees (collectively, the "Released Parties") against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) entrant's participation in the Contest, (ii) the receipt or use of the prize awarded therein, or (iii) the administration of the Contest and the distribution of the prize awarded therein.
The Contest Sponsor together with CSE reserve the right to substitute and/or to terminate, modify or withdraw this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice for any reason. In the event a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
Subject to the right of the Contest Sponsor together with CSE to make all determinations relating to the Contest, any controversy or dispute arising out of the conduct of this Contest shall be resolved in the courts of the Province of British Columbia applying the law of British Columbia and Canada, as the case may require which exclusive jurisdiction and law entrants agree to submit as evidenced by their participation in the Contest.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION. All entrants consent and acknowledge that Contest Sponsor and CSE shall have the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on entrants obtained through the Contest, for purposes of running the Contest and, where expressly consented to, for marketing purposes, unless prohibited by law. Entrants’ information shall not be provided to any third party unless the entrant grants its consent.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, viruses or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.